Instructions for Authors
The Exercise Science is a professional peer-reviewed and open-access journal devoted to original research, reviews, and commentaries in exercise physiology. Journal of Exercise Science is an official journal of the Korean Society of Exercise Physiology. It is published four times a year (Feb, May, Aug, Nov). Manuscripts for submission to the journal of Exercise Science should be prepared as instructed below.
For Manuscript submission, Go to E-submission and either Login or Register. You may view “Author Tutorial” for step-by-step e-submission instruction.
The journal covers topics in the areas of physiology, biochemistry, nutrition, metabolism, genetics, immunology, medicine, rehabilitation, growth and development, training, anthropometry, and epidemiology related exercise and sports. The types of manuscripts include research articles, review articles, editorials, and articles invited by the Editorial Board.
Prior to submitting the manuscript, please make sure you have prepared the manuscript in separate files: Title page, Main body, Figure, Table, supplement file (if any), and Copyright transfer form (printable during the e-submission process).
The manuscript (main body) should be organized in the following order: 1) Title, 2) running title, 3) abstract (150-250 words), 4) keywords (3 to 5), 5) introduction, 6) materials and methods, 7) results, 8) discussion, 9) conflict of interest, 8) acknowledgments (if necessary), and 9) references
The manuscript should be provided in MS Word file (doc), double spaced on 212 × 297 mm (A4 size) with 2.5 cm margins at the top, bottom, and left margin. The length of the manuscript should not exceed 5,000 words except for the cover, tables, figures, and references. The number of references is limited to 50 for an original article and unlimited for a review article. All manuscript pages are to be numbered consecutively, beginning with the title page. The two decimal points should be used for all numbers.
Authors are required to make clear of their contribution to their manuscript in cover letter. The corresponding author must submit a disclosure statement that includes the title of the submitted work which certifies 1) that all authors participated substantially in the submitted work, 2) that all authors have reviewed and approved the final version sent to Exercise Science, 3) that the manuscript is original and has not been published elsewhere, 4) that the authors agree to a transfer of copy right to Exercise Science, and 5) that there are no potential conflicts of interest. Exercise Science has all the copyrights of the manuscripts that have been submitted and permitted for publication.
This Journal will accept manuscripts written in English or Korean only. The abstract should be written in English for either language with maximal of 250 words. Professional English editing is advised for an English manuscript and abstract.
Name all the authors if the authors are 5 or less and if there are more than 6 authors use “et al.”
Write the last name first and use initials for the first and middle name. The references listed in the following order.
How to write references:
1. Journals (authors. article title. journal abbreviation. year; volume(chapter):(pages)
- 1) Park DH, Kim CS, Youn JH. The future of exercise science. Exerc Sci. 2014;47(4)151-9.
2. Books (authors, book title, edition, location, publisher, year, pages)
- 1) Cretzmeyer F, Alley L, Tipton C. Track and Field Atheletics. 8th ed., St. Louis: Mosby 1974;150-3.
- 2) Park DH, Kim CS. Woods and Water: Two Centuries of Incheon Nature Writing. Chicago: John Wiley & Sons 2014;2014-9.
3. Website (authors, title, year, month, date, Retrieved from URL)
- 1) Moore K, Anderson M, Soderland L, Brizee A. General format. 2013 May 5; Retrieved from http://owl.english.purdue.edu/owl/resource/560/01/
4. Dissertation or thesis (authors, title, year, location, publisher, year, pages)
- 1) Park NR. The effect of Aerobic and resistance exercise sequence on EPOC and fat oxidation in college aged male [thesis]. Seoul: Hankuk University 2006.
- 2) Eom AY. Development and application of early rehabilitation program using Yang-style Tai Chi exercise for breast cancer patients after mastectomy [dissertation]. Incheon: Inha University 2006.
Figures and Tables
Short but descriptive title should be assigned. Electronically produced drawings, graphs, photographs, photomicrographs, animation and video are all acceptable. The author is responsible for ensuring that persons pictured in photographs have provided informed consent for the use of their picture. Use uppercase symbols (†, ‡, §, ∥, ¶) should be used to indicate further description at the bottom of the tables.